We have a vibrant group of about fifteen middle and high school students who are close-knit but very welcoming. It’s not uncommon to find our teens playing football or ping pong together after the Sunday service! Here’s an overview of the programs we offer for sixth through twelfth graders.
There are three core pieces to our youth ministry:
- Discussion-based Bible Study during the sermon portion of the Sunday service: this year, we are exploring the idea of identity
- Bible Quizzing program: Our church joins other churches in the Mid-Atlantic District of the C&MA for monthly meets. Students memorize Scripture and compete against other churches. Our teams practice two Sundays each month during the school year. See the C&MA Quizzing or Mid-Atlantic District Quizzing websites for more information.
- Fun monthly activities: Past activities include Superhero Night, Snowtubing, Trivia Night, and Laser Tag
Here are some other things our teens do:
- Several times a year, we organize service projects within and outside the church.
- We give our teens opportunities to help on Sunday mornings and with the church’s special events, including on the Worship Team.
- Every April, we go to the Christian & Missionary Alliance’s district youth retreat at Rockbridge Alum Springs camp.
- Every three years, our high school students have the chance to go to the C&MA’s nationwide week-long Life Conference.